Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fieldwork 2009 Lesson Plan #1











Today I finished my first lesson plan with the kids in my 2nd Grade "SAGE" classroom. It was a tough, more likely 3rd or 4th grade math lesson using leaves to create patterns AND art.

The results were fantastic. Heart-warming, really. As can be expected, there was a wide range of knowledge displayed in the work completed. However, all of the students really gave it their best shot, and in the end created work that they can reflect upon for some time, and surely be proud of.

Critique: Once again I had extreme trouble managing time. I planned for a lesson that would span over one hour. The lesson lasted 4 hours (thanks to a gracious, forgiving, and understanding teacher) and over two work days. Was it worth the effort and time? For sure!!!

But the lesson, while I thought to be pretty straight forward, was not. At almost every turn there was a delay; something not plannned, something akin to SNAFU, and something to do with a student teacher not watching the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment