Tuesday, July 12, 2011

International Reading Association


The International Reading Association (IRA) is a professional association dedicated to helping teachers of reading understand and apply evidence based learning opportunities in the classroom. Their publication, "The Reading Teacher," is filled with focussed ideas to help classroom, as well as specialized reading teachers, help children develop their reading abilities. I would add that I first became a member of this organization when I was in college preparing to be a teacher. It provided me with incredible support and information as a student as well! So here is my personal plug for this great organization. If you are a teacher helping children to read better... JOIN NOW! (:http://www.reading.org/General/Membership.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment